15.12.08

. Around nature reserve Braakman.


It was Bitterly cold when the wind blew the 2 degree Celsius air outside the Chrysler which I parked at the east side of the creek. I found the familiar red/white markings all around me. They looked to me as to prevent hikers from getting on forbidden land. The few sun rays which at noon had soon disappeared. We crossed the dike and followed the muddy path.

The dog and I appeared to be the only creatures daring to get out. After app. 1,5 km we were on the tarmac again and followed the dike which in 1952 made the Braakman creek a lonely widow. Staatsbosbeheer, the land owner is landscaping the area for some years now. But from what can be seen it looks promising.
We took a short cut through the forest at the western side of the lake. The pleasure was short. The remaining 4 km was tarmac again until we reached the car. It was good to be protected from the elements.



Trip rating: *** Distance: app. 12 km. Flat

Geen opmerkingen: