22.8.07

22-8-7: GR565 from Albertkanaal to Zoersel

Simone brought me to the bridge crossing the Kempisch kanaal where Gr565 turns east. It started to drizzle 5 min. before we arrived there. Since it seldom rains for the whole day I braved the dark skies. The pattern of the trip was build up areas with big houses with electric fences (small houses have barking dogs) alternating with dark woods. About 85% of the track is paved. Just before Halle the markings were so poor that I lost track but after approx. 4 km I found the yellow/white markings again. At Het Boshuisje one crosses the GR5. The gentle rain turned into a rain burst lasting for 1 hour. My underwear and socks got wet and the dog was soaked.
I arrived at Zoersel at 16.00 and found.... Simone. I made the car heater work at full speed and was driven home.

Distance: 27,5 km. Mixed surroundings. A fair lot of forest.

Personal rating: *

Geen opmerkingen: